Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Exhausted

This has been an exhausting past couple of days: getting ready for my first night working EMT for tomorrow night, dealing with unnecessary elementary school drama, putting together this blog, and other stuff.

I fell asleep watching 24 last night, that never happens. So you can see, I am EXHAUSTED.
My EMT pants (which are super cute cargo's versus the ugly issued ones) will be here this afternoon. I just have to figure out how to hem them. I bought the hemming tape and a needle and thread just in case. I am a disaster when it comes to sewing. In home economics class in high school, I paid someone to finish my skirt I was making.

Anyway, I am super excited to work my first 12 hour shift with my new squad beginning Wednesday night. Since the forecast calls for rain, I am sure we will be busy.

I am thinking of a planning a happy hour in the next few weeks - interested parties email me at conservativerockergirl at gmail.com or the old email address if you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Even if you don't end up doing an excellent job with the pants, hopefully the hem will hold up long enough for you to do the training tomorrow night. Then you can always take them somewhere when you have more time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't hem, i wouldn't event attempt it. i am lucky i can sew a button on :)

    ReplyDelete