Wednesday, May 13, 2009

EMT Fun Part One in a Million Part Series

Last night was my second night on duty and I had to work at another station, first I was excited because it is the station of the Ed Norton lookalike that I am smitten with. When I saw him last night he greeted me with a "Hey Girl!" That is when I turned into a puddle of goo. He has the bluest eyes - they are amazing!!! (Disclaimer for Brett: He does kind of have that alien shaped head going) hahaha.

Anyway, my crew though, that is another story. We all know I am an Alpha female, but I am actually nice (I know that is debatable). I was stuck with Super EMT Alpha Female last night, that had NO freaking (see NO) patience whatsoever. Another probie (short probationary EMT) and I were kind of tired of her snapping at us every few minutes. So when we got assigned radios, she started talking to us like children on how to use them, well they were exact same radios I had when I was cop. I guess she thought my finger was getting ready to press a button, so she snatched the radio and quickly turned off. I looked at her like she was loony and said "Um, I know how to use this type of radio" Now interesting enough after that, she was nice to me the rest of night.

However, I am glad that isn't my permanent house, because she would be hard to work with - two Alpha females just don't mesh well in the mix. The other probie decided she wasn't going to do jackshit the rest of the night, which was annoying because then I did double duty. It is what it is and I will learn more anyway.

I didn't see much of Ed Norton look alike the rest of the night, because we were super busy. It was like low blood sugar night last night -- every call had that issue just about. I am dragging ass today, because I just can't sleep at the firehouse -- for one its noisy and second bed isn't comfortable.

I have training tonight and this weekend -- hopefully Ed look alike will be at both :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh la la... yeah it's tough living with another alpha female.

    You need to find a man w/ fuller cheeks ;)

    ReplyDelete